Links provided where possible.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
26. Turman and Strasser. 2022. Leveraging Fuzzy Logic and PID Controllers for Accelerating Chemical Reactor CFD. Chemical Engineering Science. (Accepted for Publication)
25. Wilson, Strasser, and Prichard. 2022. Spatiotemporal Characterization of WAVE Atomization. Physics of Fluids. (In Revision)
24. Wilson and Strasser. 2022. A Spray of Puree: Wave-Augmented Transonic Airblast Non-Newtonian Atomization. Physics of Fluids. DOI: 10.1063/5.0088345
23. Wilson and Strasser. 2022. The Rise and Fall of Banana Puree: Non-Newtonian Annular Wave Formation by Transonic Self-Pulsating Flow. Physics of Fluids. DOI: 10.1063/5.0088341
22. Turner and Strasser. 2022. CFD Modeling of LDPE Autoclave Reactor to Reduce Ethylene Decomposition: Part 2 Identifying and Reducing Contiguous Hot Spots. Chemical Engineering Science. 257(2); 117722. DOI: 10.1016/j.ces.2022.117722
21. Turner and Strasser. 2022. CFD Modeling of LDPE Autoclave Reactor to Reduce Ethylene Decomposition: Part 1 Validating Computational Methods. Chemical Engineering Science. 257(9); 117720. DOI: 10.1016/j.ces.2022.117720
20. Strasser. 2022. The Nature of “Searching” Vortices in Fluidic Logic Driven by a Switching Jet. Journal of Fluids Engineering. DOI: 10.1115/1.4053786.
19. Strasser. 2021. Towards Atomization for Green Energy: Viscous Slurry Core Disruption By Feed Inversion. Atomization and Sprays. DOI: 10.1615/AtomizSpr.2021035252.
18. Leonard, Strasser, Whittle, DeBellis, Prichard, Atwood, and Dungan. 2020. Reducing Aerosol Dispersion by High Flow Therapy in COVID-19: High Resolution Computational Fluid Dynamics Simulations of Particle Behavior during High Velocity Nasal Insufflation with a Simple Surgical Mask. Journal of the American College of Emergency Physicians 1(4); 578-591.
17. Leonard, Atwood, Walsh, DeBellis, Dungan, Strasser, Whittle. 2020. Preliminary Findings of Control of Dispersion of Aerosols and Droplets during High Velocity Nasal Insufflation Therapy Using a Simple Surgical Mask: Implications for High Flow Nasal Cannula. CHEST 158(3); 1046-1049.
16. Strasser. 2020. The War on Liquids: Disintegration and Reaction by Enhanced Pulsed Blasting. Chemical Engineering Science 216; 115458.
15. Strasser. 2019. Oxidation-Assisted Pulsating Three-Stream Non-Newtonian Slurry Atomization For Energy Production. Chemical Engineering Science 196; 214-224.
14. Strasser and Battaglia. 2018. Pulsating Slurry Atomization, Film Thickness, and Azimuthal Instabilities. Atomization and Sprays 28; 643-672.
13. Strasser and Strasser. 2017. Challenging Paradigms by Optimizing Combustible Dust Separator. Journal of Fluids Engineering 140(7).
12. Strasser and Battaglia. 2017. The Effects of Prefilming Length and Feed Rate on Compressible Flow in a Self-Pulsating Injector. Atomization and Sprays 27; 929-947.
11. Strasser and Battaglia. 2017. The Effects of Pulsation and Retraction on Non-Newtonian Flows in Three-Stream Injector Atomization Systems. Chemical Engineering Journal 309;532–544.
10. Strasser and Battaglia. 2016. Identification of Pulsation Mechanism in a Transonic Three-Stream Airblast Injector. Journal of Fluids Engineering 138(11).
9. Strasser and Battaglia. 2016. The Influence of Retraction on Three-Stream Injector Pulsatile Atomization for Air-Water Systems. Journal of Fluids Engineering 138(11).
8. Strasser and Chamoun. 2014. Wall Temperature Considerations in a Two-Stage Swirl Non-premixed Furnace. Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics 14(6); 386-397.
7. Dhakal, Walters, and Strasser. 2013. Numerical Study of Gas-Cyclone Air Flow: An Investigation of Turbulence Modeling Approaches. International Journal of CFD 28; 1-15.
6. Strasser and Wonders. 2011. Commercial Scale Slurry Bubble Column Reactor Hydro-Kinetic Optimization. AIChE Journal 58(3); 946-956.
5. Strasser. 2011. Towards the Optimization of a Three-Stream Coaxial Airblast Injector. International Journal of Multiphase Flow 37(7); 831-844.
4. Strasser. 2010. CFD Study of an Evaporative Trickle Bed Reactor: Mal-distribution and Thermal Runaway Induced by Feed Disturbances. Chemical Engineering Journal 161; 257-268.
3. Strasser. 2010. Cyclone-ejector coupling and Optimisation. Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics 10; 19-31.
2. Strasser. 2008. Discrete particle study of turbulence coupling in a confined jet gas-liquid separator. Journal of Fluids Engineering 130; 1 –11.
1. Strasser. 2007. CFD Investigation of Gear Pump Mixing Using Deforming/Agglomerating Mesh. Journal of Fluids Engineering 129; 476 – 484.
Prichard, Gibson, Joseph, and Strasser. 2022. A review of fluid flow in and around the brain, modeling, and abnormalities. In book: Multiscale Biomechanical Modeling of the Brain (pp.209-238)
37. 10,814,254. Candle filter support and plate assembly for polymer melts
36. 10,188,968. Candle filter support and plate assembly for polymer melts
35. 10,029,973. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
34. 8,734,909. Methods and apparatus for coating substrates
33. 8,685,334. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
32. 8,653,207. Process and apparatus for polymerizing ethylene under ultra-high pressure
31. 8,501,986. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
30. 8,470,257. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
29. 8,178,054. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
28. 8,114,356. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
27. 7,977,505. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
26. 7,977,436. Process and apparatus for olefin polymerization in a fluidized bed reactor
25. 7,910,769. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
24. 7,910,071. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
23. 7,741,515. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
22. 7,740,674. High-pressure separator
21. 7,718,139. Process and apparatus for olefin polymerization in a fluidized bed reactor
20. 7,692,037. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
19. 7,692,036. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
18. 7,659,427. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
17. 7,608,733. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
16. 7,589,231. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
15. 7,572,936. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
14. 7,572,932. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
13. 7,563,926. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
12. 7,507,857. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
11. 7,498,003. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
10. 7,498,002. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
9. 7,495,125. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
8. 7,491,369. Oxidation system with internal secondary reactor
7. 7,482,482. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
6. 7,399,882. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
5. 7,390,921. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
4. 7,381,836. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
3. 7,371,894. Optimized liquid-phase oxidation
2. 7,358,389. Oxidation system employing internal structure for enhanced hydrodynamics
1. 7,355,068. Oxidation system with internal secondary reactor
Peer-Reviewed Conference Papers
30. Walters, Bhushan, and Strasser. 2022. “A Wall-Modeled Large Eddy Simulation Method for High-Order Spectral Element Solvers”. ASME Paper No. FEDSM2022-87742.
29. Prichard and Strasser. 2022. A Novel HPC Scaling Optimization Methodology. 7th Thermal and Fluids Engineering Conference. DOI: 10.1615/TFEC2022.tfs.041416
28. Prichard and Strasser. 2021. Modeling a Novel Method to Diminishing COVID-19 Transmission in a Hospital Room. ASTFE Paper No. TFEC-2021-36776.
27. Turman and Strasser. 2021. Revealing Ethylene Hot Spots in Low Density Polyethylene Reactor. ASTFE Paper No. TFEC-2020- 36751.
26. Wilson and Strasser. 2021. Smart Atomization: Implementation of PID Control in Biosludge Atomization. ASTFE Paper No. TFEC-2020-36753.
25. Strasser. 2021. Simple Feed Inversion Transforms a Slurry Atomizer. ASTFE Paper No. TFEC-2020-31631.
24. Prichard, Strasser, Cherok, Kacinski, and Lang. 2020. Passive Bristling of Shark Skin Scales at the Micro-Level: A Fundament Viscous Flow Study to Understand the Separation Control Mechanism. ASME Paper No. FEDSM2020-14168.
23. Prichard, Strasser, and Eldredge. 2019. Cavitation number as a function of disk cavitator radius: A numerical analysis of natural supercavitation. ASME Paper No. IMECE2019-12492. First Place in ASME’s Young Engineer Paper Context.
22. Strasser. 2019. Can naturally pulsating prefilming slurry atomization be enhanced by artificial external modulation? ASME Paper No. AJKFLUIDS2019-4882.
21. Chen, Strasser, and Battaglia. 2019. Numerical analysis of a turbulent reacting flame using comprehensive modeling approaches: RANS, LES, and Hybrid RANS-LES. Proceedings of the 4th Thermal and Fluids Engineering Conference (Extended Abstract).
20. Strasser. 2018. Oxidation-Assisted Pulsatile Three-Stream Non-Newtonian Slurry Atomization. ASME Paper No. FEDSM2018-83025
19. Strasser and Strasser. 2017. Investigation of Dust Separator Design and Risk Mitigation. ASME Paper No. FEDSM2017-69097.
18. Strasser and Battaglia. 2015. Pulsatile primary slurry atomization: effects of viscosity, circumferential domain, and annular slurry thickness. ASME Paper No. IMECE2015-53026.
17. Strasser and Battaglia. 2015. The effects of retraction on primary atomization in a pulsating injector. ASME Paper No. IMECE2015-53027.
16. Strasser, Walters, Battaglia. 2015. Application of a hybrid RANS-LES CFD methodology to primary atomization in a coaxial injector. ASME Paper No. IMECE2015-53028.
15. Strasser and Battaglia. 2013. A significant advancement in understanding self-sustaining pulsatile injector dynamics: Effects of numerics, nozzle geometry, gas feed rate, on-Newtonian slurry. ASME Paper No. FEDSM2013-16074.
14. Chamoun, Strasser, Acosta Herrera, and Casper. 2013. Numerical and experimental investigations of Non-Newtonian polymer heating in a static mixer. ASME Paper No. IMECE2013-63195.
13. Strasser and Chamoun. 2012. Furnace Wall Temperature Investigation. ASME Paper No. IMECE2012-87883.
12. Dhakal, Strasser, Jamal, Chitta, and Walters. 2012. Numerical Simulation of Vortex Dominated Flows with a Curvature Sensitized Eddy-Viscosity Model. 9th International ERCOFTAC Paper No. 0093.
11. Strasser. 2012. Pulsatile Non-Newtonian Flow in a Three-Stream Coaxial Airblast Injector. ASME Paper No. FEDSM2012-72107.
10. Strasser. 2011. Continuing Towards the Optimization of a Pulsatile Three-Stream Coaxial Airblast Injector. ASME Paper No. IMECE2011-63823.
9. Strasser, Brooker, Earley, Fanning. 2010. CFD Investigation of air-water test stand for three-stream airblast reactor feed injector. ASME Paper No. FEDSM2010-ICNMM2010-30141.
8. Strasser. 2009. CFD Study of an Evaporative Trickle Bed Reactor. ASME Paper No. IMECE2009-13303.
7. Strasser. 2008. Improving the Operation of a Cyclone Coupled With an Ejector. ASME Paper No. IMECE2008-66601.
6. Strasser and Wonders. 2007. Commercial Scale Slurry Bubble Column Reactor Optimization. Multiphase Flow Conference. Bologna, Italy.
5. Strasser. 2006. Discrete Particle Study of Turbulence Coupling in a Gas-Liquid Separator. Turbulence, Heat and Mass Transfer 5. Croatia.
4. Strasser. 2005. CFD Investigation of Gear Pump Mixing. ASME Paper No. IMECE2005-81167.
3. Wilkins, Feldman, Strasser, and Leylek. 2004. Transonic Passage Turbine Blade Tip Clearance With Scalloped Shroud: Part III — Heat Transfer in Engine Configuration. Paper No. IMECE2004-59114.
2. Strasser, Feldman, Wilkins, and Leylek. 2004. Transonic passage turbine blade tip clearance with scalloped shroud: Part II – losses with and without scrubbing effects in engine configuration. Paper No. IMECE2004-59116.
1. Feldman, Strasser, Wilkins, and Leylek. 2004. Transonic passage turbine blade tip clearance with scalloped shroud: Part I – Aerodynamic Losses in a Dual Passage Cascade. ASME Paper No. IMECE2004-59115.
Invited Oral Presentations
11. Strasser. 2022. University of New Mexico seminar “Multiphase CFD: Risks, Rewards, and Remorse”
10. Strasser. 2021. Invited Panelist for Super Computing “Azure HPC+AI Customer Panel"
9. Strasser. 2018-2022. TFEC Panel Organizer and Panelist for “Multiphase CFD: Risks, Rewards, and Remorse”
8. Strasser. 2018. Oak Ridge National Laboratory seminar “Multiphase CFD: Risks, Rewards, and Remorse”
7. Strasser. 2016 and 2017. Invited Panelist for IMECE’s “Conjugate Heat Transfer CFD Challenges”
6. Strasser. 2016. Implementation of CFD-Based PID Controller on Exothermic Multiphase Multistage Reactor. ASME Paper No. FEDSM2016-7577. Washington, DC.
5. Strasser. 2015. (Plenary, Conference-Wide Lecture): CFD Application to Large-Scale Industrial Multiphase Flows: Miracles Do Happen. New York, NY.
4. Strasser. 2013. Mass Transfer Bottlenecks in a Bubbly Stirred Tank Reactor. ANSYS Regional Users’ Group Meeting. Houston, TX.
3. Strasser. 2013. Evaluation of Conveying Angle for Fibrous Solids. CD-Adapco Engineering Workshop, Houston, TX.
2. Strasser. 2011. Invited Panelist for IMECE’s CFD / EFD Choice? - A Dilemma for Industries
1. Strasser. 2011. Eulerian-Eulerian Models for Reactor Design: Bubbles, Droplets and Pores. ANSYS Regional Users’ Group Meeting. Houston, TX.
7. Wilson and Strasser. 2020. From Waste to Power: Pulsing Biosludge Atomization for Efficient Energy Conversion, APS-DFD, Chicago, IL.
6. Reeves and Strasser. 2020. Phase Change Through Levitating Sound Waves, APS-DFD, Chicago, IL.
5. Turman and Strasser. 2020. Merging Controls Technology with CFD For Responsive Computing, APS-DFD, Chicago, IL.
4. Yukihiro and Strasser. 2020. Groundbreaking Self-Breathing Ventilator Investigation, APS-DFD, Chicago, IL.
3. Prichard and Strasser. 2020. A Universal Parametric Study of Shark Denticles' Anti-Flow-Reversal Mechanism, APS-DFD, Chicago, IL.
2. Strasser, Prichard, and Leonard. 2020. Novel Use of a Common Respiratory Treatment: Diminishing COVID-19 Transmission, APS-DFD, Chicago, IL.
1. Strasser. 2019. The Quest For Enhanced Pulsed Slurry Atomization Via Modulation, APS-DFD, Seattle, WA.